To celebrate the release of Yoast SEO 2.0 we thought it would be good to list our 5 reasons why we use Yoast SEO for WordPress and why we rate this plugin so highly. WordPress is a good platform for solid SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) in the default setup, but by integrating the Yoast SEO plugin, the SEO capabilities of WordPress can be transformed from good to great.
Here are 5 reasons why we recommend and use YOAST SEO on our website projects:
- A Complete Solution. Everything in one plugin that’s easy to setup and get working for the site. Yet there are powerful tools for customisation to leverage the maximum SEO for your website.
- Page & Post Analysis. When writing content for the website, detailed page analysis is given regarding the text element of the content by the Yoast SEO plugin. This is really helpful in fine tuning the content of the page or blog post as guidance is given on a range of factors that include keyword density, word count, readability, meta data, links and more. In the publish box, there is an area that indicates the SEO status of the page – giving a reading of ‘poor’, ‘ok’ or ‘good’. So you can see at a glance, the status of your page.
- Breadcrumb Navigation. The plugin adds further functionality to the ‘breadcrumb’ navigation system. This really comes into it’s own if the website makes use of Custom Post Types. It makes logical, simple breadcrumb navigation a reality. This is one of our favourite features!
- Sitemap Integration. A sitemap is an xml file that lists the pages of your website so that search engines such as Google can better understand the structure and content of the site. A sitemap can be complex to create, but the Yoast SEO plugin makes it straightforward and if your site is linked to webmaster tools on Google, Bing, Yandex or Alexa then the sitemap can be uploaded automatically to these services whenever a new post or page is published on the website.
- The Company Behind The Plugin. The support and development of a plugin is an important consideration. One of the most compelling reasons to use WordPress as a CMS platform is that it is being constantly developed and improved. The same applies to high quality plugins. The team at Yoast provide very good support and documentation as well as regularly updating their suite of plugins. All this means that we are confident at TEKOA Creative to use and recommend this plugin on our client sites.
If you have an existing WordPress website that you would like to make improvements in terms of SEO, then please get in touch with us. We’d love to discuss how we can make your website more visible on the internet!